UCGHI and CUGH to co-host an innovative, student-driven Satellite Session
Friday, April 8, 2016 | 10am - 4pm
The UC Global Health Institute would like to thank the over 200 attendees and presenters of the student-led and student-driven UCGHI-CUGH Satellite Session. The organizers would also like to thank the Consortium of Universities for Global Health for supporting the event. The event showcased diverse keynotes, panelists, and a highly interactive icebreaker. The day featured:
- Engaging presentations on global health innovations, collaboration, and partnerships by keynotes speakers Dr. Jonna Mazet of UC Davis and Porter DeLaney of Kyle House Group
- An interactive icebreaker led by Chelsea Dinsmore of Live Your Legend
- Inspirational panel discussed on networking for success in global health featuring Drs. Eric Goosby and Richard Horton
- 10 breakout sessions ranging from global health and technology to refugee health (co-led by our student planning committee and faculty)
- Photo slideshow
- Videos of the presentations - will be available soon
- Speaker bios
- View the program booklet (PDF)
Stay up to date by subscribing for UCGHI news.
|9:00 - 10:00||Registration & Refreshments|
|10:00 - 11:00||Welcome
Thomas J. Coates, PhD, Co-Director, UC Global Health Institute; Director, UCLA Center for World Health
Keith Martin, MD, Executive Director, Consortium of Universities for Global Health
Jonna Mazet, DVM, MPVM, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology, UC Davis
"Collaboration, networking, and creativity - what really powers global health innovations"
Porter DeLaney, MA, Founding Partner, Kyle House Group "Building powerful partnerships and coalitions: a recipe for successful advocacy"
|11:00 - 11:45||Icebreaker
Chelsea Dinsmore, Owner & Chief Inspiration Officer, Live Your Legend
|11:45 - 12:30||Panel: Networking for Success in Global Health
Eric Goosby, MD, Director, Global Health Delivery and Diplomacy, UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy on Tuberculosis
Richard Horton, FRCP, FRCPCH, FMedSci, Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet
|12:30 - 1:30||Networking Lunch|
|1:30 - 2:30||Breakout Session I (Career Development Skills)|
|2:30 - 2:45||15 Minute Break|
|2:45 - 3:45||Breakout Session II (Global Health Topics)|
|3:45 - 4:00||Closing Remarks|
|4:00 - 6:00||Networking Reception|
PLEASE NOTE: UC Global Health Day will be held on April 8, 2016. This year, UC Global Health Day will be presented as a Satellite Session in conjunction with the Consortium of Universities of Global Health (CUGH) Conference.