The UC Global Health Institute (UCGHI) is seeking nominations for a new Vice Chair for our Board of Directors, for a three-year term (with opportunity for one time renewal) starting in January 2019.
UCGHI mobilizes people and resources across the University of California system to advance global health research, education and collaboration. By leveraging the diverse expertise across UC, UCGHI is revolutionizing the training of future global health leaders and accelerating the discovery and implementation of transformative global health solutions.
The Board of Directors oversees the business and affairs of UCGHI and provides guidance for overall policy and direction. Board members facilitate communication between UCGHI and the 10 campuses. An executive committee, including the Vice Chair, leads the Board.
This is an excellent opportunity for a UC faculty member to join a network of inspired and committed individuals advancing global health across the UC system.
Vice Chair nominees will:
- Have a faculty appointment at one of the 10 UC campuses
- Have demonstrated leadership experience, success in building global health curriculum and advancing global health programs
- Have familiarity with the UC system and preferably with the UC Global Health Institute
- Have fundraising knowledge or experience
- Be willing and able to commit to a three-year term, and carry out the roles and responsibilities of the Vice Chair
- Add to the diversity of the current board of directors in the following areas: professional experience and disciplines, race and gender
If you wish to nominate yourself or an individual who fits the criteria listed above, complete the nomination form, which includes the following:
- A brief statement on why you think the nominee is suited for the Vice Chair role (250 words or less)
- A brief bio (250 words or less) or a link to the nominee’s faculty webpage
- The nominee’s abbreviated resume or CV (no more than 5 pages)
Deadline to submit nominations is November 30, 2018.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Please note that current board members may also be nominated and, if elected, will serve an additional term.