The UCGHI and its Centers of Expertise undertake local and global partnerships as an essential element of all functions (research, education, action).
Partnerships fall into a number of categories: domestic or international; academic, not-for-profit, government, private, multilateral; one-on-one or institutional affiliation. The purpose of an individual partnership may be one or more functions within education (eg, field placements, visiting scholars), research, and translation.
The UCGHI Centers of Expertise have developed educational and research partnerships in nine countries, and are working to expand their international collaborations.
Migration and Health
- MOU agreement with Pompeu Fabra University - Barcelona, Spain
- MOU agreement with IOM - Geneva, Switzerland
- Collaborative field research with Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e Historia - Yucatan, Mexico
- Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology - Arusha, Tanzania
- Aga Khan University - Nairobi, Kenya
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE) - Nairobi, Kenya
- Public Health Foundation of India - New Delhi, India
Women’s Health and Empowerment
- Sonke Gender Justice Network - South Africa
- Action Research and Training for Health (ARTH) - India
- Just Detention International - U.S.-based with research in Jamaica and Guyana