Two new Student Assistant positions for the UCGHI Student Ambassador Program
CALL FOR NEW STUDENT LEADERSHIP POSITIONS!
UCGHI STUDENT AMBASSADORS PROGRAM 2021-2022
The University of California Global Health Institute (UCGHI) is recruiting two new student assistants across all 10 UC campuses and partnering Historically Black College and University (HBCU), Charles R. Drew University, for its 2021-2022 Student Ambassador Program! This student assistant position will support the two program tracks in collaboration with UCGHI Centers of Expertise: 1) Planetary Health and 2) Women’s Health, Gender and Empowerment.
Student Assistant for UCGHI Ambassador Program Application Deadline:
Monday, October 18, 2021 by 11:59 PM PT
This Student Assistant position is open to all previous UCGHI undergraduate, graduate, or professional student ambassadors. Students who previously participated in the Student Ambassador Program and are dedicated to personal and professional growth by serving and representing their respective UC campuses and partnering HBCU are encouraged to apply. UCGHI Student Assistants will develop, organize, and promote Women's Health, Gender, and Empowerment (WHGE) or Planetary Health (PH) activities on their campuses and across all UC campuses and mobilize student, faculty and staff involvement to catalyze critical change. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to engage with the UCGHI Core Team, researchers, and leaders in either PH or WHGE while also strengthening your professional networks.
- Previous UCGHI Student Ambassador from either WHGE or PH COE track
- Must be a currently enrolled UC or Charles Drew University undergraduate, graduate, or professional student
- Strong interest/passion for global health, women’s health and/or planetary health
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Must be able to commit to weekly time commitment of 5-7 hours
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Timeframe: November 2021 – June 2022; Hours will be between 5-7 hours weekly
- Student Assistants for the UCGHI Student Ambassador Program will assist the UCGHI coordinating team with administrative program support (Ambassador Program and UC Global Health Day 2022) and student-led committee co-chairs
- Hold monthly 1-hour office hours with student ambassadors for both tracks
- Check in on campus projects, collect feedback, etc. report back to UCGHI coordinating team via email
- Support UCGHI Core Team with student ambassador-led committees in monthly check-ins
- Create and maintain student ambassador resource webpage which includes but is not limited to:
- COE opportunities and internships list
- Ambassador contact information list
- Social media pages and websites
- Assist/consult UCGHI WHGE/PH COE coordinators on webinar speaker contact information/research for each track
- Help with promotion and educational awareness efforts for UCGHI Centers of Expertise signature projects*
- WHGE COE: CHAT Study
- PH COE: Latinx in the Environment
- Opportunity to network with student ambassadors across all UC campuses and Charles R. Drew University, as well as UCGHI leadership and faculty, along with those working in the field of global/public health
- Develop wide range of transferable skills
- Gain knowledge on WHGE/PH topics
- Professional development
- Receive $1,000 stipend
Application survey is available here.