Submission System Opens
Monday, October 30, 2017
Friday, December 8, 2017 (11:59pm PST)
Notifications of Acceptance
Friday, February 2, 2018
Confirmations Due from Accepted Submissions
Friday, February 9, 2018
Process & Criteria
A limited number of abstracts will be selected for poster presentation at UC Global Health Day 2018. A diverse committee of UC faculty, staff, and students will review submissions. The committee will evaluate and score each submission on originality, presentation, topic relevance, quality and clarity. Topics of abstracts may range anywhere from basic to translational sciences, engineering to social entrepreneurship, women’s health to global health diplomacy or policy. UCGHI seeks a broad range of topics to feature the rich diversity of work being done in global health across different disciplines. View examples of previous poster topics. Preference will be given to posters by students and posters featuring interdisciplinary and cross-campus collaborations.
- Abstracts should include: title, aims, methods, results, conclusion
- Total word count may not exceed 400 words
- Abstracts should be in narrative form – no tables, charts or graphs
- Individuals submitting poster abstracts must have an official current affiliation with the University of California (e.g. student, postdoctoral fellow, faculty, staff, visiting scholar, etc.). UC alumni can submit abstracts if they have graduated within the last 3 years.
- Submitting authors must obtain pre-approval from all co-authors prior to submitting the abstract
- Submitting author is expected to attend the event and present the poster. Do not submit an abstract if you do not plan to attend UC Global Health Day 2018
- Limit of one abstract submission per person
- Submissions that are incomplete, or do not meet specified requirements, will not be reviewed
If your abstract is accepted:
- You will need to confirm your intention to participate. If UCGHI does not receive this confirmation by February 9, 2018, your space will be forfeited
- On the day of the event poster viewing will begin during the lunch period
- Final printed poster dimensions should not exceed 36” in height and 48” in width
- Pushpins and poster numbers and labels will be provided
- Posters not retrieved by 5:00pm (at the end of the event) will be discarded
- UCGHI and UC San Diego cannot store your poster prior to the event. Please make the necessary accommodations for transporting your poster.
- All accepted poster presenters will receive complimentary registration to UC Global Health Day 2018. Complimentary registration is applicable only to the primary submitting author. Registration cannot be exchanged. If you are accepted for the conference and cannot attend the event to present your poster, you must notify UCGHI and withdraw from the conference.
Scholarships for Student presenters
UCGHI will provide funding to support student poster presenters. To qualify for funding, the poster presenter must be a current UC student and the primary submitting author. Funding does not apply to co-authors or non-student poster presenters.
$350 maximum per person for students from UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC San Francisco, UC Santa Cruz, UC Merced, UC Hastings
$150 maximum per person for students from UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside, UC San Diego
- Funding cannot be increased, deferred or exchanged
- Amounts will be determined by the location of the presenter’s home UC campus (see above)
- Funding support can offset two categories of expenses: poster production and/or travel (standard domestic)
- Funding will be distributed in the form of reimbursement of expenses following the event. Reimbursements must comply with standard UC policy and include all receipts and a signed reimbursement form. All requests for reimbursement must be received by Friday, May 18 (1 month after event date). 1 reimbursement request per presenter. Group reimbursement requests are not allowed.
How to submit
We are using Catalyst to collect poster abstracts.
- Click the button below to register with your email address.
- Once your account has been confirmed you will be able to start the application process.