Submission System Opens
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Submission Deadline - extended
Monday, December 16, 2019 (11:59pm PST)
Notifications of Acceptance
Friday, February 7, 2020
Confirmations Due from Accepted Submissions
Friday, February 21, 2020
Process & Criteria
UCGHI seeks a broad range of topics to feature the rich diversity of work being done in global health across different disciplines and UC campuses. Examples of previous poster topics can be found here. Preference will be given to posters by students and posters featuring interdisciplinary and cross-campus collaborations. A committee of UC faculty and staff will evaluate each submission on its originality, presentation, topical relevance, quality and clarity, and recommend which submissions should be included in the UC Global Health Day 2020 poster session.
- Abstracts must include: poster title, aims, methods, results and conclusion.
- Total word count may not exceed 400 words.
- Abstracts must be in narrative form – no tables, charts or graphs.
- Abstracts will not be reviewed if incomplete and/or do not meet submission requirements.
- Individuals submitting poster abstracts must have an official current affiliation with the University of California (e.g. student, postdoctoral fellow, faculty, staff, visiting scholar, etc.). UC alumni can submit abstracts if they have graduated within the last 3 years (i.e., since 2016).
- Submitting authors must obtain pre-approval from any co-authors prior to submitting the abstract.
- Submitting author is expected to attend the event and present the poster. Do not submit an abstract if you do not plan to attend UC Global Health Day 2020.
- Limit of one abstract submission per person.
If your abstract is accepted:
- You will need to confirm your intention to participate. If UCGHI does not receive this confirmation by February 16, 2020 your space will be forfeited.
- Final printed poster dimensions should not exceed 36” in height and 48” in width.
- Pushpins, poster numbers and labels will be provided.
- Posters not retrieved by 5:00pm (at the end of the event) will be discarded.
- You cannot store your poster with UCGHI or UC Santa Cruz prior to the event. Please make the necessary accommodations to store and transport your poster.
Scholarships for Student presenters
UCGHI will provide funding to support student poster presenters.**
$350 maximum per person for poster presenters who are students from UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles, UC Riverside, UC San Diego and UC Santa Barbara.
$150 maximum per person for poster presenters who are students from UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC San Francisco, UC Merced.
- Travel scholarships awarded to current students only**
- Travel funding cannot be increased, deferred or exchanged
- Amounts will be determined by the location of the team member’s home UC campus
- Funding support can only be used to offset two categories: travel expenses (standard domestic) and poster production/printing costs.
- Funding will be distributed in the form of reimbursements following the event. Reimbursements must comply with standard UC policy and include all relevant receipts and signed reimbursement form. All requests for reimbursement must be received by Friday, June 2th (one month after event date). One reimbursement request per presenter. Group reimbursement requests are not allowed.
* Complimentary registration is limited to the primary submitting author. Registration cannot be exchanged. If you are accepted and cannot attend UC Global Health Day, you must withdraw your poster from the conference.
** To qualify for funding, the poster presenter must be a current UC student and the primary submitting author. Funding does not apply to co-authors or non-student poster presenters.
How to submit
We are using Catalyst to collect poster abstracts.
- Click the button below to register with your email address.
- Once your account has been confirmed you will be able to start the application process.