Student Assistant positions for the UCGHI Student Ambassador Program
CALL FOR STUDENT LEADERSHIP POSITIONS!
UCGHI STUDENT AMBASSADORS PROGRAM 2022-2023
The University of California Global Health Institute (UCGHI) is recruiting two student assistants across all 10 UC campuses, UC Hastings College of the Law and partnering Historically Black College and University (HBCU), Charles R. Drew University, for the 2022-2023 UCGHI Student Ambassador Program! Each student assistant will support one of the two program tracks in collaboration with UCGHI Centers of Expertise: 1) Planetary Health and 2) Women’s Health, Gender and Empowerment.
UCGHI Student Assistant Application Deadline:
Sunday, May 8, 2022 by 11:59 PM PT ( Student Assistant application included in the main program application)
This Student Assistant position is open to all previous UCGHI undergraduate, graduate, or professional student ambassadors. Students who previously participated in the Student Ambassador Program and are dedicated to personal and professional growth by serving and representing their respective UC campuses and partnering HBCU are encouraged to apply. UCGHI Student Assistants will develop, organize, and promote Women's Health, Gender, and Empowerment (WHGE) or Planetary Health (PH) activities on their campuses and across all UC campuses and mobilize student, faculty and staff involvement. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to engage with the UCGHI Core Team, researchers, and leaders in either PH or WHGE while also strengthening your professional networks.
- Previous UCGHI Student Ambassador from either WHGE or PH COE track
- Must be a currently enrolled UC or Charles Drew University undergraduate, graduate, or professional student
- Strong interest/passion for global health, women’s health and/or planetary health
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion work
- Must be able to commit to weekly time commitment of 3 - 5 hours (on averate)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Timeframe: September 2022 – June 2023; on average approximately 3 - 5 hours weekly
- Student Assistants for the UCGHI Student Ambassador Program will assist the UCGHI coordinating team with administrative program support for the Student Ambassador Program, UCGHI specific events, and if applicable, student-led committees
- Hold monthly 1-hour office hours with student ambassadors
- Check in on campus projects, collect feedback, etc. report back to UCGHI coordinating team via email
- Attend monthly webinars for COE track
- Meetings with the Program Coordinator twice a month (on average) to provide updates on initiatives; monthly meetings with UCGHI Student Ambassador Coordinating Team
- Lead planning and implementation of social activities for Student Ambassadors
- Follow-up on campus projects, collect feedback, ect. and report back to UCGHI coordinating team
- Assist/consult UCGHI WHGE/PH COE coordinators on student ambassador curriculum such as webinar speakers, professional development webinars, etc.
- Support promotion and educational awareness efforts for UCGHI COEs, such as signature projects, and advertisement for Student Ambassador Program for the following year.
Other Duties May Include:
- Support student ambassador-led committees in monthly check-ins, if applicable
- Create and maintain student ambassador resource webpage which includes but is not limited to:
- COE opportunities and internships list
- Ambassador contact information list
- Social media pages and websites
- Leadership Opportunity to network with student ambassadors across all UC campuses and Charles R. Drew University, UCGHI leadership, faculty and staff, along with those working in the field of global/public health
- Develop wide range of transferable skills
- Gain knowledge on WHGE/PH topics
- Professional development and networking
- Receive $1,000 stipend
The 2022-2023 UCGHI Student Ambassador and Student Assistant Application survey is available until Sunday, May 8, 2022 at 11:59 pm PT.