The UC Global Health Institute is committed to amplifying the diverse voices in our community of students, trainees, staff, and faculty across the University of California and our many local and global partners. In this collective moment, with the challenges of a global pandemic and the threat of increasing climate change, both of which disproportionally impact underrepresented racial and ethnic communities, we want to invite you from various disciplines ranging from health sciences, social sciences, public policy, law, humanities, to business administration.
The UCGHD 2021 Creative Expressions Contest will accept photograph, video, and/or poetry submissions . The contest serves as a means to capture the passion and experience of our local and global community in public health during the pandemic.
AIMS OF CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS CONTEST
- To amplify diverse voices and perspectives in global health, particularly regarding social justice and health equity
- To showcase the outstanding and innovative work of UC students, trainees, faculty and staff (and affiliated local and global partners) in their local communities and around the world
- To build an engaged virtual community across the UC and with our partner institutions locally and globally
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Please select one of the following prompts and a medium of your choice (photography, video, and/or poetry:
- Health equity during the pandemic
- Social justice in global health
Photography: High quality photograph (maximum file size 100MB), title, and 150-200 word statement.
Video Contest: Short video (2 minutes maximum).
Poetry Contest: One poem ranging from 3 - 26 lines (including stanza breaks). For each line, a maximum of 55 characters per line, including spaces.